Fantastic opportunity for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager to join a hugely successful global law firm in a newly established role. The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager is responsible for working with the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to manage the Firm's diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, including the development of practices to recruit, retain and promote diverse attorneys and professional staff, and coordination of global firm efforts to support an inclusive culture.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interface and create accountability around firm DEI efforts with attorneys and professional staff, including leadership, members of the attorney and professional staff Diversity Committees and local affinity group leads
- Develop and manage innovative programs and policy updates, including reverse mentoring, agile working, DEI billable hours credit and sponsorship programs
- Utilise metrics, including headcount and productivity reports, to produce data reports and analyses as requested, to include developing visual presentations
- Coordinate responses to client requests and industry benchmarking surveys involving qualitative and quantitative information
- Manage, lead and grow affinity groups, including global programming
- Partner with the Marketing and Business Development teams to manage client diversity and inclusion opportunities, partnerships and staffing requirements
- Manage external diversity sponsorships, to include identifying participants and coordinating all details.
- Drive the firm's diversity retention and promotion efforts, and work in conjunction with the Chief Legal Talent Officer, Director of Legal Education, Director of Professional Development, Director of Associate Development and firm leadership in monitoring the performance and development of diverse attorneys
- Manage and execute diversity-related professional staff meetings, events and trainings, while identifying opportunities to make DEI meaningful for colleagues across different cultures
- Assist with the firm's diversity hiring efforts, to include the UK Diversity Fellowship, and work in conjunction with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, Legal Talent Managers, Regional Directors and Office Administrators to identify and maintain a pipeline of Diversity Fellows, diverse summer associate and trainee hires, diverse lateral attorney and professional staff candidates
- Support communications by drafting content for, and updating, applicable promotional materials
- Strengthen partnerships with various diversity-focused organisations and publicise opportunities to attorneys and professional staff
- Keep abreast of industry DEI trends and best practices, with a focus on global best practices
- Coordinate with the diversity team to develop the DEI budget, audit monthly variance reports and track department spend
- All other duties as assigned or required
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager role within a legal / professional services firm. You will have a track record of developing and implementing diversity & inclusion initiatives which have contributed to achieving business objectives, and the ability to build and maintain support from a range of individuals throughout the firm. You must have excellent time management and organisation skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple detailed projects. The ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders is essential, along with experience of budget management and the ability to work independently. You must have a real passion for diversity & inclusion, and act as an ambassador for the firm at all times.