Fantastic opportunity for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager - Europe & Asia to join a hugely successful global law firm in a newly established role.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Manager will partner with firm leaders, the Director of HR, the Director of DEI and the wider DEI Team to support the implementation of an industry-leading diversity, equity and inclusion strategy. You will play a key role in driving critical firm-wide initiatives to success, with an orientation towards action and results.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement programmes and interventions designed to attract, retain, develop and advance diverse talent, eliminate hidden barriers to success, address systemic inequities, and foster inclusive leadership;
- Collaborate with select business unit and department leaders, HR managers and the DEI team to design and execute business unit / department strategies that are aligned with firmwide talent strategies;
- Collaborate with affinity group leaders to develop and implement annual strategic plans, draft management updates, perform data analysis, run programming and manage annual budgets;
- Manage and align affinity group strategy and programming to broader DEI strategy;
- Operate as a skilled facilitator who is capable of creating content for DEI training and awareness programs that will increase strategic impact throughout the firm;
- Manage and monitor the implementation of DEI programming, and drive accountability to project timelines, deliverables and outcomes;
- Analyse DEI data trends to measure progress and programme effectiveness, and to inform the firm's DEI strategy;
- Work, coach, consult and partner across all levels, inclusive of individual contributors, people managers, associates, counsel, partners, and firm leadership;
- Provide or arrange for one-on-one executive coaching for individuals on issues pertaining to DEI;
- Collaborate with the firm's Learning & Professional Development team to develop and implement DEI programs for professional staff
- Collaborate with the firm's talent acquisition teams to identify strategic approaches that will enable us to increase opportunities to diversify our talent pool and increase diversity in hiring, including graduates;
- Collaborate with HRIS, marketing and finance teams to respond to RFPs and DEI surveys;
- Collaborate with key clients on DEI-related initiatives in support of our firm goals, including premier speaker events, pro bono partnerships, pipeline initiatives, roundtables, and the like;
- Collaborate with the firm's marketing and communications teams to ensure that our marketing and communications strategies incorporate key aspects of DEI messaging;
- Foster relationships with attorneys and professionals at the firm, internal DEI champions, DEI professionals at peer firms, leaders of DEI organizations and DEI professionals at clients;
- Participate in external councils, conferences, and forums to stay abreast of cutting-edge issues and trends, benchmark leading organisations, enhance marketplace presence and strengthen brand recognition;
- Monitor external DEI best practices and make recommendations for new initiatives to ensure that the firm remains a leader in the DEI space;
- Support effective management of the overall DEI calendar and budget.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in a Diversity & Inclusion Manager role within a legal / professional services firm. You will have a track record of developing and implementing diversity & inclusion initiatives which have contributed to achieving business objectives, and the ability to build and maintain support from a range of individuals throughout the firm. You must have excellent time management and organisation skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple detailed projects. The ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders is essential, along with experience of budget management and the ability to work independently. You must have a real passion for diversity & inclusion, and act as an ambassador for the firm at all times.