Our US headquartered law firm client are looking to recruit a European Business development & Marketing Manager to join their team in London. The European Business Development and Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting a range of business development and marketing activities relevant to the Firm's European practices and lawyers. This role reports to the Head of European Business Development and Marketing, and will have line management responsibility for one direct report.
Key responsibilities for the European Business Development & Marketing Manager will include:
- Business planning: advise and play a key role with partners on the direction and delivery of proactive business development activities.
- Client development: identify and help grow clients in key areas of focus and assist the Head of European Business Development and Marketing on coordinating and executing client targeting activities.
- Cross-selling initiatives: proactively identify cross-selling opportunities across key areas of focus with other areas in the London and Frankfurt offices as well as with the U.S. offices, including working with relevant global Business Development team members.
- Profile raising: work with the global marketing communications team and our PR team to find ways to profile key areas of focus across different platforms (press, client publications, industry publications and social media) as well as identify other profile raising opportunities (such as roundtables, client seminars and campaigns).
- Market and client research, including opportunity spotting: work with the research team to support business planning and opportunity spotting.
- Marketing collateral: work collaboratively to create and maintain tailored materials for various business development opportunities including pitches, client presentations, attorney biographies, RFPs and other client facing materials.
- Budget: work with partners, lawyers and the Head of European Business Development and Marketing to budget and track marketing spend to maximise return on investment in business development and marketing activities for key areas of focus.
- Events and conferences: responsible for identifying and executing on relevant conferences and events for key areas of focus.
- Directory submissions and awards: play a leading role in the development of legal submissions, updates, responses and other content to enhance the Firm's standing in the appropriate directories, surveys, lists and awards programs.
- Additional projects: opportunity to be involved in firm wide, local, departmental or practice group projects as and when they arise.
- Team management and day to day workflow: in charge of managing the Marketing & Business Development Assistant and involved in developing other members of the team. The Manager will also assist the Head of European Business Development and Marketing with day-to-day workflow of the London and Frankfurt offices.
- Internal communications and tracking: to ensure the Firm captures feedback (such as pitch wins/losses), matter experience, client contacts and business development leads to enable the practice to promote itself effectively and to grow its business and to assist in departmental reporting as required.
- Other responsibilities: assist with other business development and marketing activities for the London and Frankfurt offices which may arise.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience within Business Development / Marketing, with law firm or professional services experience being required. You must be able to build relationships across the firm at all levels and be able to manage difficult stakeholders. The ability to manage multiple projects is a must, along with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to be the number 2 to the Head of European Business Development and Marketing, so if you fit the above criteria please contact Ryder Reid today.