Our client, a prestigious US law firm, currently have a fantastic opportunity for a European Billing Manager to join the firm on a permanent basis. The European Billing Manager will be responsible for assisting the firm to achieve its financial targets and for a broad range of billing processes related to managing the accounting, billing and banking functions.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the Revenue Lifecycle for the London Office, supporting the Office Manager Partner, the Administrative Director and Director of Billing & Collections
- Ensure compliance of all processes and systems in the Billing Lifecycle against the relevant internal and external regulation and legislation
- Develop the Billing Assistants to create and maintain a high quality service for the European Offices
- Establishing a cyclical routine to billing and WIP management throughout the European Offices
- Monthly meetings with Office Managing Partner & Administrative Partner
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitor's Accounts Rules and Money Laundering regulations
- Develop and establish internal relationships with Partners and fee earners in order to communicate the departmental targets
- Regular review and management of internal procedures and controls and regulatory compliance
- Conducting regular meetings with the Billing Assistants on departmental performance to ensure targets are communicated and achieved internally
- Training and developing staff, carrying out appraisals and manage recruitment process on departmental vacancies
- Regular analysis of client/matter information in relation to archiving
- Maintenance of transfers of time/cost and write-offs
- Conducting a regular review of KPIs and arranging meetings with Partners and fee earners to quickly embark of the most appropriate course of action
- Responsible for the timely collection of all invoices in the European offices.
- Manage the e-billing process for local clients and ensure required client information, such as custom client matter numbers, e-billing codes, purchase order numbers are obtained prior to the billing process
Previous legal billing experience is required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential and the successful candidate must have the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines. Knowledge of CMS Aderant or Elite 3E/ Enterprise would be a distinct advantage. Attention to detail, flexibility to work overtime and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines is a must in this busy role. Strong word processing, database and spreadsheet software skills are required. If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of a great team please contact Ryder Reid Legal ASAP.