Facilities Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Our International Law Firm client is looking for a Facilities Assistant to join their London office on a 12 month FTC.
It is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, they combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving them the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
The firm is well equipped to help clients face the future with confidence. They are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Their bold approach to a changing future ensures that they nurture their employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role:
* Working to the needs of the Client and Facilities teams, provide a high quality, pro-active service/support.
* Ensure a high-quality service and environment for client and visitors.
* Liaising with IT/AV & facilities teams to report faults.
* Assist AV with ad hoc tasks
* Setting up conference/meeting room facilities, (not AV equipment) as required, including opening and closing of Partitions, whiteboards, room set-ups.
* Assist in external seminars where required.
* Undertake weekly audits of all conference/meeting rooms, ensuring equipment, lighting, air conditioning, fabric are working and are to a high standard. Report any short falls to the appropriate helpdesk for action.
* To assist with the logistics, planning and implementation of any moves/ changes requirements.
* Display high levels of customer service and professionalism to help resolve any issues from clients and visitors to the conference rooms.
* Awareness of mechanical services within building services
* Knowledge of office moves and relocation logistics
* Knowledge of facilities
* Highly service focussed with a 'can do' attitude
* Highly organised. Able to plan and prioritise.
* The ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual.
* The ability to listen, question and interpret information to understand requirements
* Has a keen eye for detail and identifies opportunities to improve set-ups.
* Numerical and verbal reasoning
* Good interpersonal skills, flexible to work with a range of styles and personalities
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* IT Literate
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to maintain standards when under pressure.
* Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
* Experience in a client-facing role.
* Experience in facilities & building management
You will be provided with a uniform and we ask that you adhere to our professional standards.
Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to comply with any reasonable ad hoc duties.