Fabulous opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join the London office of a modern and forward-thinking global law firm. Reporting into the Head of Facilities, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a client-focused and cost-effective property & facilities service for the firm's London site.
Responsibilities for the Facilities Manager will be varied including:
- Organising and directing the Facilities team
- Ensuring premises are provided with suitable and responsive facilities management on a day to day basis, with all necessary support services and within budget constraints
- Reviewing in-house resource utilisation and productivity to establish optimum staff levels
- Implement a policy of continuous improvement
- Developing and implementing a service catalogue and appropriate service level agreements for FM services
- Ensuring suitable maintenance, service, environmental, energy conservation and investment strategies are devised and implemented
- Managing and developing all mechanical and electrical services, plant and associated installations to ensure they comply with current legislation
- Preparing annual budgets and exercising financial control , ensuring expenditure remains within agreed limits
- Preparing specifications of service requirements, tender/contract negotiation, and managing tender processes
The ideal candidate for the Facilities Manager position will have previous facilities management experience from a Law firm or professional services firm. Experience of managing budgets and engineering knowledge is a must. You will be ambitious and career-focused, and have excellent leadership and management skills. You must have first class customer service skills and the ability to work under pressure, along with a proactive commercial approach and a can-do attitude. A Health & Safety qualification (i.e. IOSHH or NEBOSH Certificate) would be desirable.