Following an expansion in workload, a position is identified to assist the Finance Manager. The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Manager and our fees team, supporting a role covering all areas of the finance operation.
The Finance Assistant's responsibilities will cover a range of duties including:
* Processing supplier invoices and payments,
* Assisting with administration of Barristers' service charges and petty cash accounts
* Other bookkeeping tasks such as Bank input & reconciliation
* Assisting with quarterly VAT returns
* Assisting with annual tax returns
* Ad hoc fee collection related tasks
* Preparation of monthly fee reports
A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook is required. If not already proficient, training will be provided for use of bespoke accounting packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, and other barrister accounting software.
The successful candidate will be approachable and have very good communication and organisational skills. The role would suit an individual keen to work in the finance team of a large barristers' practice and could suit a school/college leaver.
- Core working hours for this role are 9am - 6pm
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 4 weeks' notice upon completion of a three-month probation period during which the candidate will be on two weeks' notice
- 22 days holiday per calendar year; limit of one week's holiday permissible during legal term time
- Interest free season ticket loan available after completion of three-month probation period
- Private Medical Insurance and private doctor service available on completion of probation period
- Other staff benefits including income protection, critical illness, and death in service benefits
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme membership