Fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious US law firm based in stunning offices. Our client is looking for a Finance Manager, initially for a 6 month contract, to manage the finance function in the London office and work closely with the firmwide teams.
The scope of this role will be broad, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the day-to-day finance function, including supervising and mentoring the team
- Monitoring for any SRA breaches, maintaining a breach register, reviewing aged client account balances and reporting to COFA
- Preparing Annual Accounts for the London office in coordination with the external accounting firm and the firmwide team
- Main contact for the annual Financial Audit for the London office and working closely with the firmwide team
- Assist external Tax advisor in the preparation of the UK annual tax return
- Responsible for the annual SRA audit
- Key contact for the Internal Audit on all the financial matters
- Manage general ledger activities ensuring adherence to deadlines, quality standards, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Leading the accounting and billing & collections functions
- Leading and managing the semiannual collection drives for the London office, to maximise collections in line with the office target.
- Preparing and managing VAT submissions, PSA and P11D submissions
- Manage the expense & revenue budget process for the office
- Preparing regular cashflow forecasts for submission to the firm finance team
- Preparing Monthly management reports and balance sheet reconciliations
The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager role will have the relevant qualification (ie. CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) and prior experience ideally from a law firm or professional services firm. You must be able to perform at high levels in a fast paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be able to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, and be able to use your time efficiently. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a broad ranging role who enjoys leading a small team, whilst still remaining hands-on. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.