A new role is now available for a Finance Manager on a 12-month contract basis within the London office of a US law firm. The Finance Manager will be vital to the firm's completion of its financial goals by ensuring the efficient operation of all areas of finance in London.
Working closely with the Managing Partner, the Finance Manager will lead financial functions including accounts payable, billing, credit control, client transaction accounting, client recovery, payroll, monthly pension uploads and petty cash positions. Oversee and provide direction for overall internal control and auditing of authorisation for expenditure. Furthermore, the Finance Manager will have the crucial role of maintaining full compliance and integrity of operations such as accounting data, financial transactions with the Solicitors Accounts, adherence to accounting principles and controls by acting as Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) for the London office.
- Manage and provide direction for London finance staff including training, development and performance
- Responsible for all aspects of UK taxation of local office tax exposures, local office VAT accounting and control
- Ensure full compliance with Law Society guidelines and Solicitors Accounts Rules for the London Office financial operations
- Ensure compliance with FRS 102
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements as directed by the SRA.
- Actively monitor inventory and report regularly to the Firmwide Billing and Collections Group and the US Finance Team
- Develop policies and procedures to accurately record the financial position of the London office.
- Report to and act on behalf of the US Finance Team and make modified PAYE payments and Income/NIC tax payments where requested.
- Manage the distribution of partner payment draws under the instruction of the firm's Director of Tax and Partner Accounting
- Assist and prepare London office annual expense budget
- Oversee internal controls regarding accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger including bank reconciliations, check signing, electronic banking, etc
- Oversee the firm's client accounts and ensure compliance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to London Partners
- Overall responsibility for coordinating the London Office Solicitors Accounts Rules annual audit process
The successful candidate must have extensive experience within a senior financial role alongside previous role within an international, UK or US law firm environment. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, alongside strong attention to detail skills and an excellent working knowledge and experience of the SRA Accounts Rules is required. If you fit the above criteria, please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration. Please note this role is being offered on a 12-month contract basis.