An exciting new role is now available within a dynamic and successful international law firm within the city of London. This role will be vital for meeting the firm's financial objectives working directly with and reporting to the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration and Director of Administration, to undertake a variety of task such as accounting, audit and reporting operations. Furthermore, the Financial Accounting Manager will lead in the implementation of new systems, processes and initiatives to deliver a high-quality product for the firm's global business operations.
- Managing cash flow and working capital;
- Preparation of management accounts and monitoring of budgets and cash flow projections, planning and control;
- Assist with the completion of the management and statutory accounts;
- Assist the US in completion of the group's Firmwide accounts and consolidation and meeting audit requirements;
- Manage projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting function;
- Assist the DoA on financial projects and initiatives;
- Support auditors in filing UK LLP stautory accounts;
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA and other governing bodies such as HMRC;
- Overall responsibility for managing accounting functions within London, Paris and Brussels offices including appraising and overseeing financial reporting and preparing ad-hoc reports as required. Regular interaction with the Finance, Accounting and reporting teams in the Pittsburgh office.
- Staff management - lead a finance team of 8;
The successful candidate must have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting) and qualified or working toward a qualification as a CA or CPA and also qualified ACCA;
- Have a sound knowledge of the Solicitors Accounting Rules (and audit procedures), SRA code of conduct, pertaining to the accounting functions (COFA regulations) and other regulatory requirements;
- Experience working with the COLP and COFA to ensure compliance whilst carring out financial duties;
- Familiar with Excel and Elite PMS applications;
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with Elite report writers and Microsoft Office;
- Adept at assimilating financial data and preparing management reports for executive committees;
- Proven experience suggesting where policies and procedures can be improved;
- Proven experience liaising with Partners, senior management and external auditors and stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience of working in a medium to large professional services firm;
- Experience managing a team;
If you meet the criteria within the points listed above please contact Ryder Reid Legal.