A growing UK law firm, based in a stunning City location, currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the financial provision to Partners. This includes providing insight into management information, effective delivery of the annual budget, financial planning and analysis and ensuring the firm's practice management systems are working effectively. They are looking for an ambitious professional who is able to grow as they grow.
Responsibilities for the Financial Controller will be varied, including:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management information including firm, office and department P&Ls, Balance Sheets, Fee and Working Capital reports
- Financial planning and analysis work against the firm's KPIs and other quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Management of the annual budget process in line with the firm's business plan
- Provision of financial information to clients, Partners and staff on fees, debtors, and time recording when required
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns and resolution of any issues, including VAT inspections
- Input the monthly payroll into the accounting records, liaise with the HR Department re the monthly payroll report etc
- Completion of P11D's and PSA
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts especially control accounts and integrity checks
- Management and maintenance of the fixed asset register
- WIP, debtors and disbursement monitoring and reporting
- Work with the firm's IT department to ensure the firm's practice management system is up to date and take a leading role in the selection and implementation of replacement systems
- Manage the month end accounting system closedown routine
- Assist the Finance Director as required with the preparation of other management or financial information
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller position will have relevant previous experience from a law firm or partnership environment. An excellent working knowledge and experience of the SRA Accounts Rules is required, and preferably you will be a UK qualified accountant. First class communication skills are essential for this role as you will be liaising with individuals globally. You must be highly confident, robust and able to work autonomously. For more information about this excellent opportunity please contact Ryder Reid Legal.