Our client, a prestigious international law firm, currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Legal Biller to join them on a permanent basis. Working with the firm's European Offices including Paris and Brussels, the Senior Legal Biller should be fluent in French. The Senior Legal Biller will be responsible for a broad range of billing processes related to managing the accounting, billing and banking functions of the London office.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce pre-bills for EMEA offices where needed at the beginning of each month and upon request
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to partner requests
- Ensure execution of complex and accurate billing in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to all billing related queries and, meet with partners to discuss billing
- Ensure daily tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Firm procedures
- Ensure bills are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with local tax and other compliance rules
- Follow up with Partners/Associates/Secretaries as to whether invoices have been sent to the client
- Ensure relevant approval has been obtained for any special rates/agreed discounts/write downs
- Obtain an understanding of the various matters that the firm work on to ensure prompt billing cycles; including chasing partners/fee earners regarding WIP to ensure tight billing deadlines are met
- Production and accurate submission of invoices that are e-billed and dealing with any queries from the e-billing team
- Generating and sending weekly reports
- Assist the Accounts team in other areas within the accounting and finance function where needed, including accounts payable and cashiering for all EMEA offices
Previous legal billing experience is required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential and the successful candidate must have the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines. Knowledge of CMS Aderant or Elite 3E/ Enterprise would be a distinct advantage. Attention to detail, flexibility to work overtime and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines is a must in this busy role. Strong word processing, database and spreadsheet software skills are required. If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of a great team please contact Ryder Reid Legal ASAP.