A fabulous new position has arisen for a Head of Communications to join a modern, ambitious and progressive global law firm. As Head of Communications you will manage the design, development, implementation and evaluation of a global communications strategy, with the goal of driving revenue and raising the profile of the firm and select sector and practice groups globally.
You will be responsible for enhancing the brand, reputation and deepening awareness of the firms' services and capabilities, through the firm's communication efforts both internally and externally. The successful candidate will lead strategically and be willing to engage significantly in operational activities, working collaboratively with the Global CMO, the Co-Chairs, key marketing and operational leaders as well as other key stakeholders across the firm.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Communications will include:
- Work with the leadership team to develop the global communications strategy, both in relation to internal and external communications.
- Lead strategic communications planning and execution to support business activities and strategic objectives, working with subject matter experts, in support of major business change, regulation, growth initiatives and RFPs, as needed.
- Develop global communications assets for the firm to be flawlessly executed across all channels.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding global priorities, and local market opportunities/challenges across each region.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding the firm's global priorities, and local market opportunities across each region.
- Lead, manage, and develop consistent global communications processes and procedures.
- Create compelling narratives that highlight the business strengths and leadership.
- Build collaborative relationships with Practice Group, Business Services and country leadership, stakeholders and colleagues across the Firm.
- Drive innovation, spot creative opportunities and motivate colleagues to deliver great work.
- Be the lead with the PR agencies in respect of all aspects of communications and provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ensure appropriate KPI's and measurement structures are in place, to be able to take data and apply learnings to the future development of communications strategy.
- Develop and leverage a broad range of internal communications (written, video, social, digital, etc.) channels appropriate to the needs of the global and local internal audience(s).
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand issues and develop messaging and distribute client-facing communications.
- Manage budget and expenses accurately and in a timely manner
The ideal candidate for the Head of Communications role will have a demonstrated track record of excellence in managing global and integrated external and internal communications for a complex global organisation. Legal or professional services experience is highly desirable, and you will have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a related field.
You must be comfortable working with, and taking direction from, multiple stakeholders around the world and have the ability to adapt in the role as the global communications team scales up and builds new capabilities and takes on new responsibilities. You will be able to operate in a highly matrixed organisation and influence the actions of the organisation's most senior leaders. You will be a proactive individual who can handle stressful situations to include crisis communications. Strong leadership and communication skills are essential and you will have experience of developing communications strategies that deliver commercial growth.
This is a brilliant opportunity so if you're a passionate communications expert, looking to help make growth happen and deliver award-winning marketing communications, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today.