Our client, an international law firm with offices across the world, is seeking an HR Administrative Assistant/HR Coordinator to join the HR team of their London office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior legal HR candidate to join the HR team of a top US law firm; and will be the first point of contact on all HR issues within the London office. This is a dynamic and varied role, for an organised and proactive team player who has a sharp attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Updating, circulating and overseeing the completing of weekly reports including headcounts, people reports, absence reports and lawyer vacation accrual reports.
- Data entry on HR systems (Workday and Payroll system) to include new joiner/leaver information and other leave of absences.
- Monitoring and point of contact for staff absences.
- Assisting with joining and leaving processes, preparing reference requests; assisting with interviews; preparing induction packs and take photos when new joiners start; send out new joiner paperwork.
- Arranging travel, accommodation and transfers; and undertaking ad hoc data audits, as required.
- Supporting Office Manager with general queries and administrative support; supporting the Professional Development Manager during Associate Review processes by assisting with tasks as required; and providing cover for and assisting the HR Coordinator as required.
- Opening and distributing all departmental post.
The suitable candidate will be organised and proactive with an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines with a strong attention to detail; HR administrative experience within a professional services environment is essential along with good IT skills and previous experience of using 'Workday'. Good use of initiative, strong written and verbal communication skills are essential with an ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality at all times. The successful candidate must also be flexible and willing to work overtime when needed.