Our leading London law firm client is seeking a HR Advisor to join them on a permanent basis. The successful HR Advisor, will deliver HR support and advice to partners and managers for allocated teams, building strong and effective relationships with both individuals and managers involved in those teams. This role will be supporting the Business Services teams - including Accounts; IT; BD & Marketing and Facilities. The HR Advisor will be the first point of HR contact for those teams and will have responsibility to support and lead on various HR projects.
HR Business Partnering:
- Provide commercial advice and support to managers and partners on employee relations issues such as performance, disciplinary and grievance, ensuring a consistent approach is followed within agreed processes;
- Advise and coach partners and managers on performance and talent management, identifying training and development requirements where appropriate and liaising with the Head of HR and HR Manager(s) to ensure a consistent approach is implemented across the business;
- Review progress of new joiners (alongside line managers) throughout a new joiner's probationary period, advising and supporting managers if any concerns are raised during probation;
- Regularly analyse sickness and absence trends and make recommendations for action;
- Conduct exit interviews with leavers, seeking feedback to understand any issues or trends and making recommendations for improvements, discussing with the HR team and appropriate managers where necessary;
- Keep abreast of pay and benefit trends and market rates, flagging any trends and issues where appropriate; and
- Develop pay and benefit proposals for the Firm's annual salary review process for your client groups.
Inclusion & Diversity/ CSR projects:
- Support the Head of I&D and advocate the firm's inclusion and diversity strategy and initiatives;
- Support the Head of CSR and assist with the implementation of CSR strategy and initiatives; and
- Support with the drafting of regular internal communications relating to I&D and CSR.
- Assist with the key initiatives such as the LinkedIn learning programme;
- Support the firm's partnership development programme (PDP); and
- Monitor and review the firm's appraisal and feedback process using the Clear Review platform, identifying any improvements where appropriate.
Person Specification - The ideal candidate will possess most of the following attributes:
- Academically strong, with good results in Maths and English and ideally educated to degree level;
- Previous administrative experience within HR would be ideal but is not essential;
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Has a professional, willing and 'can do' attitude;
- Highly accurate and with a keen attention to detail in all areas of work;
- Good time management skills, and a proven ability to multi-task;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Calm, confident and resilient. Is flexible and efficient;
- Able to work as part of a team.
If this opportunity is of interest, please get in touch with Ryder Reid Legal today, without hesitation.