Our established, international law firm client has an exciting opportunity for a HR Generalist to join their London office on a full-time permanent basis. Working with the Office Manager, the purpose of this role is to perform HR related duties on a professional level and support the geographic region. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations and morale, training, performance management, onboarding, and payroll.
Key duties will include:
- Participate in the hiring of employees, including collaborating with hiring managers, liaising with recruiters, screening resumes and organizing interviews, as well as background checks, and drafting of offer letters.
- Assist with job description and policy administration, including drafting and updating policies for the region's offices.
- Support the Office Manager with disciplinary processes and terminations, employee relations matters.
- Ensure onboarding process is implemented, from contract drafting to integration; assist with departing employee processes, including exit interviews and administration.
- Work with the talent team to roll out, coordinate training and development provided to regional staff and attorneys.
- Participate in the coordination and implementation of regional and global HR department projects.
- Coordinate the administrative staff performance evaluation process; assist in coordinating and implementing annual salary and bonus review processes.
- Manage the London and Paris initiatives and events that promote morale and a positive work environment.
- Ensure regional use of the Firm's HRIS and emergency alert system, including adaptations and rollouts, as needed.
- Coordinate London employee benefits programme, working with external broker and providers, as needed.
- Manage payroll function for London, working with external providers and Firm global contacts; assist with sickness absence management and administration.
- Coordinate visa application and renewal process, in liaison with Firm global contact.
- Assist in coordinating HR-related committees locally in liaison global HR department.
- Assist on special projects, as needed.
- Assist with ongoing administration of trainee programme, ensuring administrative requirements and key deadlines are respected; participate in vacation scheme programme.
The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of human resources experience in a professional environment, preferably in a professional services environment. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong knowledge of UK employment law, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.