Ryder Reid is partnering with a highly-successful central London commercial law firm with a unique culture to recruit for them a new HR & Office Manager. This firm prides itself on its excellent reputation, first rate lawyers, very low staff turnover, a loyal and growing client base, and a supportive and collegial culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the COO and Managing Partner in developing a HR strategy that reflects the firm's values and culture.
- Dealing with all recruitment both legal and non-legal.
- Advising on compensation and benefits packages to ensure that we are competitive, innovative and market leading where possible.
- Management and co-ordination of annual salary and bonus review processes.
- Management and coordination of the firm's appraisal process.
- Advising and coordinating the return to work process following the Coronavirus pandemic, including daily management of Firms' RTO application, managing requests for employees to come into the office and assessing health questionnaires
- Assisting with the development of the firm's hybrid home and office based working policies as the Coronavirus restrictions are eased.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with all changes to Pensions regulations, Modern Slavery and GDPR changes and employment legislation generally.
- Provide support and guidance to partners and employees on all employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance, absence monitoring and performance management.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as monitoring effectiveness of policies and initiatives, including primary responsibility for maintenance of the office manual.
- Monitoring and advising on the training requirements for all professional staff.
- Management of Practising Certificate Renewal process (and assisting the COO with PII renewal each year)
- Dealing with renewal and access to knowledge research tools including PLC, Lexis Nexis, and various library renewals.
- Leading and coordinating the onboarding process for all new joiners
- Run interview skills and performance review training as appropriate.
- Day to day management of the facilities and reception staff to ensure that the service delivered by both is of a high standard and that the London office is maintained.
- Developing the roles of the Facilities Manager and receptionist to ensure that they are focussed on delivering the service required by the partnership and that the London office is maintained and presented to the standard required.
- Oversee daily operations in the London office and identify and resolve issues that adversely impact on the efficient running of the business.
- Oversee renewal of office policies, monitor health and safety compliance procedures including keeping up to date with Government guidelines.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to review and renew contracts for office vendors
- Work with the Facilities Manager to review the firm's offsite file storage procedures and destruction program.
The ideal candidate for this role will have senior HR experience within a legal or professional services firm. You must be a self-starter, a team-player and be able to communicate effectively at all levels. You will have gravitas and confidence and be able to juggle a busy workload to tight deadlines. Degree level education and CIPD qualification is strongly preferred.