Leading global law firm is looking to recruit an HR Manager for a period of 12 months to cover maternity leave.
The HR Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Human Resources, Europe, to deliver all aspects of human resource service to partners, associates and business service staff in London. In addition, the HR Manager will work with the global HR team on relevant projects. The HR Manger will report directly to the Head of Human Resources, Europe, and will also work closely with the rest of the London HR team.
- Provide information to ensure there are up-to-date and accurate personnel records covering the employee life cycle including absence, joiners, leavers and contract changes, with due regard for confidentiality and security.
- Control and advise on the business service professionals annual performance review process.
- Assist the Head of HR with the annual legal staff performance review process, including attending moderation meetings, advising on and preparing feedback.
- With support from the Head of HR, deal with business service professionals employee relations issues.
- Manage probation and end of contract meetings.
- Coordinate leaver administration with the HR Assistant, including conducting exit interviews where appropriate.
- Conduct research as required.
- Manage all recruitment (for Associates, Business Services, Paralegals and Secretaries) including preparing approvals to recruit, job descriptions, instructing agencies, reviewing and processing applications, and conducting first round interviews where appropriate.
- Maintain database of applicants (in accordance with GDPR rules and firm policy).
- With HR Assistant, prepare offer letters and contract documentation.
- With the HR Assistant, prepare and lead on-boarding of all new joiners.
- Assist with legal staff relocation and secondments.
- Support the HR Assistant on dealing with all work experience and internship applications and placements.
- Manage and run the full Trainee Recruitment Cycle, this includes application process, assessment days, Trainee inductions, seat changes, and qualification to NQ process.
- Keep up to date with SRA regulations for trainee lawyers.
- Develop the graduate recruitment process to ensure the firm is attracting a diverse range of applicants.
- Arrange for payment of fees and grants.
- Maintain firm relationship with future trainees.
- Manage the SRA process on joining and on qualification.
- Devise and run the on-boarding programme.
- Arrange and monitor all required training.
Payroll and Benefits
- Provide support with annual market review of salaries.
- Participate in salary surveys.
- Administer and arrange internal and external CLE and CPD courses.
- Maintain CLE/CPD/BAR records to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory authority.
- Manage and update London CLE/CPD library where applicable.
- Liaise with partners and associates to schedule presentations in conjunction with London Knowledge Management.
- Provide assistance in sourcing external training providers.
The ideal candidate will have strong HR experience from within a law firm or other professional services firm. You will have excellent attention to detail and accuracy; strong organisation and interpersonal skills; and be able to make decisions and provide solutions. You will be proactive and a self-starter and have strong management skills.