Our international law firm client has an exciting new opportunity for a HR Assistant, to join their HR team in their prestigious London office. The HR Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Human Resources function, ensuring key HR processes run as seamlessly as possible - pivotal to the success of the team. The HR Assistant and HR Advisor will work closely together, supporting and covering in each other's absence.
- Assist and support the Human Resources team with general administration tasks.
- Manage all HR filing and archiving.
- Maintain the e-files on iManage and regularly update the HR Guidebook.
- Log and process all invoices and credit card purchases on behalf of the team.
- Prepare general standard correspondence for members of the team, e.g. letters, references;
- Ownership of the weekly employee movements sheet reporting, chair weekly meetings with the HR team to discuss/finalise any changes and circulate to other support teams.
- Maintain all key spreadsheets for the team, including department structure charts, maternity and secondment spreadsheets.
- Support with the administration of the new joiner process which includes (but not limited to) offer paperwork, background checks, welcome induction preparation and HR system updates.
- As and when required, support with the management of the new joiner background screening process by completing right to work checks, reviewing application submissions and highlighting potential issues early to the HR Manager.
- Manage the visa process with the immigration lawyers, ensuring all employees are compliant and employee visa information is track and reviewed accordingly.
- "Super-user" of the HR system (Workday) and primary contact within the team for any people system queries, liaising with the US HR Systems team accordingly.
- Run reports via Workday, finessing before sending for accuracy checks and consistency.
- Administration of key employee milestone rewards which include length of service recognition awards, wedding gifts and flower ordering.
- Manage all administration for employee leaver processes.
- Assist with all absence monitoring and administration, running weekly sickness reports and flagging any key absence trends for further review.
- Continually review existing HR processes and procedures, suggesting any efficiencies or improvements as noticed.
- Diary management for the Director of Human Resources and others within the team as required
- Assist with monthly HR GDPR processes, ensuring employee information is deleted within required timescales
- Manage the probation process for new joiners, adding in calendar reminders and checking in with relevant hiring Partners/Managers.
- Manage beginning to end payroll process and working with the payroll team on any queries.
- Analysing D&I data and responding to data requests as and when necessary.
- Other ad-hoc projects or duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written skills; a strong attention to detail and proofreading ability; and a University Degree (HR Studies a plus). Law firm, or professional services firm experience is preferred.
If this opportunity is of interest, contact Ryder Reid Legal today without delay!