Fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join a leading global law firm on a 12-month FTC basis. The Manager, Human Resources supports the Director, Office Administration in providing full HR generalist & administration service to the London office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain London records in the global HR system (Workday).
- Maintain all leave records.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the Firm's policies and procedures and recommend / implement updates and changes. Assist the London DOA in maintaining the London General Staff Handbook and the UK Solicitor's Handbook as required.
- Work with the London DOA in implementing the annual Business Services evaluation process each year.
- In conjunction with the London OA provide advice and guidance to line managers and individuals on effective methods to resolve employee relations issues aiming, where possible, to avoid escalation to formal procedures.
- Investigate and/or conduct disciplinary and grievance hearings ensuring that procedure is followed and complies with both legislation and the Firm's policies.
- Assist with the implementation of the annual salary review process by providing guidance and advice to the London OA on benchmark/market information coupled with performance statistics.
- Identify trends and patterns in sickness levels, undertake back to work interviews for absentees and absence review discussions with employees.
- Ensure the Firm is provided with a professional HR service.
- Promote both internally and externally good HR practice and demonstrate a good working knowledge of employment law.
- Ensure that HR information is treated sensitively, is accurate and that confidentiality is always maintained.
Secretarial Team Management
- First line supervision of secretarial team.
- Approval of holiday requests and time entries via Workday.
- Assume a participative role in performance management meetings including setting objectives and review periods. Ensure that all performance management matters are appropriately documented and reviewed.
General Staff Hiring
- Liaise with preferred recruitment agencies for all support recruitment. Conduct 1st and/or 2nd interviews for secretarial and support staff and ensure that, where appropriate, interview notes are provided for subsequent interviews.
- Assist the London DOA and HR Coordinator to manage the process of recruiting lateral lawyers to the London office.
- Support the HR Coordinator with the recruitment and hiring of vacation scheme students and trainee solicitors.
- Support the HR Coordinator with management of all aspects of the trainee solicitor programme including but not limited to:
- SQE administration.
- Training and induction in conjunction with Training
- Principal & Office Head.
- Liaise with the Risk Management Lawyer on any regulatory requirements for the training program.
- Admission process with the SRA.
New Joiners and Orientation
- Oversee the HR Assistant in relation to the preparation of all offer letters, documentation for background/conflict checks, induction paperwork and induction packs for all new joiners.
- Carrying out induction by giving overview of London Office to new joiners, to include an office tour.
- Work with the London DOA on all London immigration matters (i.e., assist with visa applications, run resident labour market tests where needed, keep track of visa that are due to expire etc.).
- Maintain immigration files.
- Complete annual immigration audit.
- Develop and monitor London recruiting budget.
- Maintain office recruiting statistics and prepare periodic reports and analyses.
- Maintain the London headcount report.
- Work with the London DOA on the coordination of the bi-annual European Lawyers Meeting.
The ideal candidate will have extensive HR experience from a legal or professional services firm. CIPD qualification preferred. You must be able to build strong relationships at all levels, have an excellent knowledge of UK employment law, and strong skill base within end-to-end talent management. You will have excellent people management skills, experience of working globally, and be adaptable to work with a variety of situations. Please note that candidates must be able to commit to the full duration of the 12-month contract.