Fantastic opportunity for a Human Resources Operations Specialist to join the London office of a leading US-headquartered law firm. The Human Resources Operations Specialist will serve as the liaison with the HR Managers in the UK, the HR & Office Managers in Europe and Asia, the HR Operations Manager, and IT and Office Administration to proactively handle all new hire transactions and all necessary administration to ensure a successful and smooth onboarding process within our Europe and Asia offices.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Oversees the data integrity and data entry of all data in the HRIS system for Europe and Asia including onboarding, off-boarding and life-cycle changes. In addition, this role will oversee regular accurate maintenance of firm data which includes reviewing data entry completed at the local level and regularly audits the information and follows up with correct parties to solve for inaccuracies;
- Partners with recruitment team to run pre-employment background checks and additional screenings to meet compliance and strategic needs;
- Proactively identifies process simplification and efficiency opportunities to HR management, ensuring we are fully utilizing system capabilities for the benefit of the department. Partner with HRIS to make system enhancements and supports bi-annual system releases;
- Oversees all system and onboarding related activities entered by the HR and Office Managers in Europe and Asia and the Recruitment team in the United Kingdom. Follows up for clarification, as necessary;
- Participates in all firm-wide system and process implementations and enhancements. Often takes the lead on location specific requirements;
- Partners with the payroll team, benefits and Europe and Asia team to ensure payroll deadlines are met. This includes but is not limited to on-time timecard approvals by employees and managers, data changes impacting payroll completed timely, and onboarding documents finalized. Complete any necessary follow-ups prior to monthly deadlines;
- Administer Workday Time in the United Kingdom. Troubleshoot issues and errors that occur in the system and support the implementation of Workday Time to all firm locations in Europe and Asia. Partner with HR Managers and Advisor to support leaves and absence management plans and ensures the system provides the intended result;
- Conducts new hire orientation for and manages the coordination of pre-hire activities including, but not limited to: working with hiring managers and HR Managers on scheduling orientation meetings, right to work checks, collection of onboarding documents and preparing on-line new joiner information packs, etc;
- Conducts off boarding process including, but not limited to: checking holiday entitlements, preparing leaving checklist and confirmation of leaving details;
- Coordinates the end of new joiner probationary period; including but not limited to: checking with the HR Managers on possible concerns, processing the end or extensions to probationary periods, and documenting the outcome to the employee;
- Supports the visa immigration process for employees by completing necessary employer paperwork, tracking deadlines, and effectively communicating with our immigration vendor and HR Managers regarding status. Attends monthly global mobility calls and assists the Global Mobility Specialist as needed with moves to and from Europe and Asia;
- Understands GDPR and data privacy regulations and updates the global HRIS team on relevant changes;
- Prepares ad hoc data reports, as requested eg UK Headcount reports;
- Supports the Director, HR - Europe & Asia, HR Operations Manager, and the CHRO organization in various projects;
- Maintains electronic personnel files for the Europe and Asia offices, including conducting routine file audits to ensure compliance standards are being met.
The ideal candidate for this HR Operations role will have experience of HR Systems and some exposure to payroll and benefits. Excellent IT skills is essential, solid experience of PeopleSoft is highly desirable and ideally you will be degree educated and CIPD-qualified. You must have excellent time management skills and organisational skills, a confident and flexible attitude, and the ability to work under your own initiative and to tight deadlines.
Please do get in touch with Ryder Reid today if you have the relevant experience and would like to hear more about this fantastic opportunity!