Our client, a prestigious US law firm, is looking to recruit an HR Specialist to join their HR team in London. The HR Specialist will help provide a comprehensive operational and strategic HR service to the London office, and will work in partnership with managers and Partners to provide professional, customer focused HR advice
Key duties and responsibilities for the HR Specialist will include:
- Employee relations and engagement, including provide guidance on the interpretation of HR policy, supporting with all performance management issues, leading on complex case management, assisting with grievance and disciplinary issues involving London employees, and working on initiatives that increase engagement
- Recruitment, including workforce planning, assisting with the development and delivering of recruitment strategy, being the first point of contact for new hires in business services, managing the induction and onboarding for new hires, managing relationships with recruitment agencies
- Compensation and benefits, including supporting with the review of strategy, undertaking market analyses, maintaining appropriate networks, assisting with the salary review process, and keeping abreast of pension legislation
- Learning and Development including working with managers regarding performance reviews, ensuring all business services staff have an annual performance, assisting with a programme of general interest sessions for all staff
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, including promoting equality, diversity and inclusion within the office, and roll out of relevant training
- Operational HR including developing and enhancing procedures, oversee the production and maintenance of HR records (including offers, contracts and any changes to terms and conditions of employment) and ensure these comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), dealing with any queries relating to maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave and pay, and managing flexible working requests.
- Legal Personnel and Professional Development including overseeing new lawyer integration, serving as first point of contact for Associates regarding departures, coordinating the mentoring programmes and overseeing secondments
The ideal candidate for the HR Specialist role will have strong generalist HR experience from a law firm background, with a Bachelors degree and CIPD qualification being highly desirable. You must have knowledge of current employment legislation, ER experience, strong communication skills, and excellent time management skills. You will understand the importance of confidentiality and be able to manage a very busy workload to deadlines. If you meet the above criteria then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.