Ryder Reid Legal is working closely with a Health Care Regulator to hire a Fitness to Practise lawyer to join their team on a 6-month contract/temporary basis.
The role will involve preparing cases for hearings before the Fitness to Practise Committee (FTPC), Registrations Appeals Committee (RAC) and the High Court. In addition, the successful candidate will work closely with The Head of Case Progression, Investigation Officers and other team members to ensure that cases are fully prepared for hearing in a timely and efficient manner.
To be considered, candidates must be UK qualified and have prior experience of preparing and presenting Fitness to Practise cases in the regulatory healthcare sector (or similar). The successful candidate will assist with the following:
- The ability to acquire and maintain an outstanding knowledge of the GOC's governing legislation, relevant policies, procedures and case law surrounding FtP
- Excellent literacy and written communication skills
- Experience of operating within professional regulation (or other similar, eg criminal), including the preparation and presentation of cases
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- An excellent understanding of complex legal concepts and ability to apply knowledge to case work
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice on FTP matters including:
- triage matters
- substantive matters
- interim order matters
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including defence representatives and other third parties, as required.
- Provide training to case examiners, case officers and committee members as and when required.
- Relevant experience: eg managing cases, giving legal or procedural advice, drafting legal or process documents, and/or making presentations
If you are suitable, and available at short notice, please apply now!