Fantastic opportunity for an Information Governance & Records Specialist to join the London office of a leading US-headquartered law firm. Reporting to the Information Governance & Records Manager, you will work with assigned practice groups and support teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Obtains subject matter expertise of the IGR Manager for contextual guidance and direction on general and day-to-day Department and Firm-wide responsibilities and assigned projects.
- Catalogs and bar codes physical materials including redwelds, closing binders, exhibits, and electronic media using the Firm's records management system.
- Researches, retrieves, and scans physical documents in accordance with procedures.
- Identifies, classifies, and maintains documents or other physical and electronic content according to characteristics such as security level, function, and metadata.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of physical records and electronic matter files.
- Maintains case rooms and practice group file rooms and Records Centers.
- Provides guidance and training for practice group personnel on filing procedures and use of Firm's document repositories.
- Maintains and digitizes court, agency, contract, and other critical and vital practice documents as required.
- Ensures personnel joining and departing the Firm follow standard off-boarding policies including determining retention, transfer, and disposition of client and administrative documents and records.
- Ensures timely database updates and corrections such as global moves, and retention notations.
- Responsible for file circulation including follow up on past due reports to firm personnel.
- Conducts periodic audits of document management system compliance including working with assigned matter attorney to ensure matter close-out procedures are completed by legal teams.
- Completes special projects as assigned including file destruction/deletion, file clearance and clean up, transfers, file audits and inventories, office move support, and file space allocations.
- Creates, tracks, and completes service request tickets using Assyst. Follows up on and escalates outstanding customer requests to ensure timely response and completion in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Consistently supports the collective team and IS Department work product by communicating and collaborating in a manner that enhances individual and team productivity.
- Assists with proactively supporting firm-wide client service initiatives. Works with other IGR staff members to ensure department is providing quality service to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors by displaying professionalism in communications both in writing, by telephone, and in-person; and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a "can do" attitude.
The ideal candidate for the Information Governance & Records Specialist role will be a team player who is solution focussed and accurate in their work, as well as being an excellent communicator and confident in liaising with people of all levels, including partners and clients. Law firm experience is required. Ideally you will have at least two years' prior relevant experience with a framework of understanding information governance and not just records management. You must have superior attention to detail, proofreading skills, problem solving capabilities, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. You must show initiative and be willing to take ownership of project, along with analytical skills, including the ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.