Fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's top law firms! Our client is looking to recruit an Information Governance Manager who will develop plans, set goals, provide direction, and execute IG services, projects and initiatives for the firm's offices outside the U.S. to decrease risks and costs associated with records management and information governance.
As the subject matter expert, you will advise internal stakeholders on records and information governance best practices, data privacy, data protection and other records and information governance issues. You will proactively anticipate and advise on program changes to support compliance with the evolving information governance, data privacy and data protection landscape.
- Sets IG program goals and objectives in offices outside the U.S. that support and enhance compliance with legal, regulatory, and operational requirements of the firm and its clients.
- Develops procedures and processes for ensuring the classification, confidentiality, data privacy, data protection, retention and disposition of client and firm information.
- Assists senior management and attorneys in identifying and containing risks relating to data privacy and data protection.
- Fosters a risk management compliance culture.
- Develops and implements plans, strategies, and policies that improve firm's posture as it relates to information governance, data privacy, data protection, and other information governance functions and services.
- Establishes metrics for the IG program, monitors progress, and recommends changes that continually improve the effectiveness of the program.
- Drives changes needed in working practices and law firm culture to accelerate the adoption of electronic document management working practices.
- Serves as an IG subject matter expert and advisor to document management system (DMS) team (IT), litigation support team (IT), email management team (IT), and security governance teams; legal teams; and administrative departments.
- Advises legal and project teams and proposes solutions for complex and/or technical information governance and/or information technology issues.
- Drafts, reviews and/or presents proposals, project plans, status reports, metrics, and other information in a format and style appropriate for the intended audience.
- Advises attorneys and staff on operational and compliance responsibilities relating to data privacy, data protection and information governance.
- Designs, produces, and delivers educational programs to attorneys and other personnel on their risk management responsibilities, particularly as they relate to information governance.
- Advises administrative records liaisons on records management and information governance issues, and develops administrative records retention schedules.
- Communicates the IG vision and IG guiding principles in a variety of forums (1:1, administrative meetings, practice group meetings, partner meetings, etc.)
Candidates with an educational background from a wide variety of disciplines including information technology, legal, compliance, information management, records management, or information security will be considered. An advanced degree in an information governance-related field or law is desired; an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Extensive experience required in information governance, records management, data privacy, data protection, or related area in a highly sophisticated legal, professional services, consulting or corporate environment. You must have solid experience in a management position with direct reports, and strong strategic, interpersonal and organisational skills. You must demonstrate a risk management mindset with exceptional attention to detail, and have the gravitas for productive partner and executive management collaboration. Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Records Manager (CRM), Electronic Records Management (ERM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM) or similar professional certifications preferred.