A highly successful international law firm seeks an Internal Communications Manager to create and implement a firm-wide communications programme and strategy to connect and engage employees. In this newly-created role, the Internal Communications Manager will:
- Develop and deliver an internal communications strategy for the firm to keep employees across all practice areas and jurisdictions informed of the firm's vision, goals and projects
- Engage with local offices to support and promote the value of internal communications, building a network from which to source relevant information for news stories or other communications
- Work closely with the Partnership, Human Resources and Marketing teams to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery
- Develop a variety of creative communications using mail, software and intranet, championing the use of video and alternative media formats and providing analysis and other relevant information for management reports
- Develop the firm's alumni program, working with colleagues to embed and deliver it, and deliver an action plan for alumni engagement that drives referrals, attracts talent and enhances the firm's reputation
- Support the communications requirements of the D&I and CSR initiatives, across all jurisdictions
The ideal candidate for the Internal Communications Manager role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, and CIM OR CIPR qualified. You must have solid experience in a similar role within a professional services firm, and a good understanding of current trends in digital and social media. Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills are essential, and ideally you will have a working knowledge of SharePoint and other intranet systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, along with excellent attention to detail, effective time management skills, and the ability to build strong working relationships.