A highly successful global law firm seeks an Internal Communications Manager to join them on a permanent basis. In this newly created role, the Internal Communications Manager will have a key role to play in the Communications Strategy for Europe and the Middle East and will also support the firm's global communications strategy working alongside colleagues in other regions.
Key responsibilities include:
Business Development and Marketing Communications:
- Develop an internal communications strategy with associated communications programmes that are timely, targeted and creative, and meet defined objectives.
- Support the Europe region on communications activity regarding Pro Bono, CSR and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Responsible for drafting internal communications such as bi-weekly/ monthly newsletters (e.g. Around the Firm) and contributing to other global comms (e.g. What's New).
- Work closely with business services departments to support firm-wide messaging and help them to develop effective communication strategies to increase engagement and understanding amongst employees in firm-wide initiatives.
- Provide counsel to local senior management and other operations leaders regarding best practice communications.
- Work alongside existing external communications specialists across the business to deliver effective internal communications that are consistent with the wider corporate strategy, messaging and brand.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships across the senior management team, the global HR and CSR teams together with the global Business Development Team.
Global HR Communications:
- Ensure the communication plan is aligned to the HR strategy, improving employee engagement and increasing awareness of HR initiatives across the business.
- Create a plan to ensure that all HR initiatives are understood and supported whilst developing strong relationships across the HR department.
- Utilise the internal channels available including newsletters and the intranet and introduce new approaches to help continuously develop and improve the effectiveness of HR communications.
- Support the delivery of relevant external HR communications, supporting talent attraction, developing presentations, taking an active role on social media and writing award submissions for HR projects. You will also build the firm's brand by identifying potential HR-related PR opportunities.
- Work alongside the Directors of Lateral Partner Recruitment to prepare a monthly newsletter for recruiters on developments around the firm.
- Measure the overall impact of HR communications on employees and recommend or implement improvements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate for the Internal Communications Manager role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, and CIM OR CIPR qualified. You must have solid experience in a similar role within a professional services firm, and a good understanding of current trends in digital and social media. Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills are essential, and ideally you will have a working knowledge of SharePoint and other intranet systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, along with excellent attention to detail, effective time management skills, and the ability to build strong working relationships.