We have been instructed on an exciting opportunity for an International Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager to join one of our highly acclaimed international law firm clients on a 12-month fixed term contract basis. Responsible for managing the Graduate Recruitment & Development function and supervising a team of two. The firm currently have formal graduate programmes in London, Hong Kong, Dubai, Munich, Frankfurt and Brussels. This role will also support the creation and expansion of programming in other international offices.
Key responsibilities for the International Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager will include:
- Assist in developing and reviewing the firm's strategy in relation to graduate recruitment in all International offices, identifying trends and implementing best practices;
- Continue to build and maintain relationships with Partners-in-Charge, recruiting committees, and other attorney stakeholders in all International offices, as well as senior staff-side management (Chief Recruiting Officer, Directors of Administration, Chief Diversity Officer), and other key stakeholders;
- Supervise and develop the International Recruiting Coordinator and International Recruiting Assistant
- Review and revise interview templates, interviewer trainings, and case study materials for the programmes;
- Liaise with Human Resources, Business Office, and office administrators to measure and revise key performance indicators and appraisal documentation for the programmes, as well as to organise visa for future trainees and secondees (where applicable), and arrange secondments;
- Monitor and ensure that the firm's record keeping in relation to the programmes satisfies Privacy Shield, General Data Protection Regulation, and equivalent requirements;
- Host Graduate Recruitment Committee meetings and undertake status reporting to key partners in all relevant offices, including maintaining agenda and meeting minutes;
- Liaise with relevant law societies as necessary;
- Run programme alumni follow-up events and initiatives;
- Oversee and approve creation of all advertising and marketing materials, merchandise, and initiatives (including social media) for International graduate recruiting programs, working with Marketing and Business Development, and Communications teams to ensure consistent messaging;
- Review and maintain the firm's strategy for identifying target universities and profile raising at those universities, together with related campus activities, ensuring strong relationships with relevant university and college personnel and attendance at relevant law fairs;
- Prepare and manage annual budgets for each of the programmes (including, where applicable, professional development budget for trainees);
- Collect and analyse demographic statistics of graduate recruiting program applicants and participants, working with Diversity department and local Diversity committees to enhance diversity in the programmes;
- Provide guidance and pastoral support to Students during programmes with the Firm.
The ideal candidate for the International Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager position will have strong previous graduate recruitment/ early careers experience from a law firm or professional services. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, along with the ability to develop effective relationships both internally and externally. This firm offers a great working environment so please get in touch today.