Exciting opportunity to join the London office of a growing UK law firm as an IT Service Delivery Manager on a 6-month contract basis. Reporting into the CIO, the Service Delivery Manager has responsibility for the delivery of all production IT services to the firm. Working closely with the Technical Delivery and Information Security managers, this person assures a high-quality service to end users. The Service Delivery Manager ensures Service Support and Service Delivery Processes are in place and managed effectively.
Key responsibilities for the IT Service Delivery Manager contract will include:
- Owner of the following ITIL 2011 processes:
Service Catalogue, SLM, Continuity, Supplier, Change, Asset & Configuration, Event, Incident, Request, Access, Problem
- Responsibility for the management of the Service Desk Team, Training Team, Service Transition Analyst and Senior Supplier and Change Analyst
- Ensures that incidents, requests and problems are handled according to agreed procedures. Works with internal and third party resources to resolution. Runs Major Incidents and ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Manages the analysis of incidents causes and informs service owners in order to minimise probability of recurrence, contributing to service improvement. Analyses metrics and reports on performance of incident, request and problem management process
- Manages the service transition function and ensures that service level agreements are complete and cost effective. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Reviews service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service
- Runs Service Improvement Plans and ensures actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Provides regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Oversees the firm's policy for the management of change in live services. Ensures effective control and treatment of risk to the availability, performance, security and compliance of the services impacted. Runs CAB as required
- Manages and maintains the service compliance of all Production IT and service assets in line with firm and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques. Identifies, assesses and communicates associated risks
- Develops plans to ensure that the organisation has appropriately skilled resources to meet organisational objectives and commitments. Manages the effective implementation of resource planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources
- Allocates management and supervisory responsibilities. Provides coaching and support and delegates responsibilities where possible. Mentors and influences individuals in consideration of their career opportunities and contribution to the organisation. Sets performance objectives, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Initiates, develops and monitors effective performance management processes
- Builds long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders. Negotiates at senior level on technical and commercial issues. Oversees monitoring of relationships and acts on relevant feedback. Deputises for CIO
The ideal candidate for this IT Manager position will have solid relevant senior IT experience, preferably in a legal or professional services organisation. You must have excellent project management and time management skills and be highly detail orientated. You will be a logical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to work in a demanding environment to tight deadlines. Excellent communication skills are required, along with a professional, enthusiastic, and flexible approach. If you fit the above description, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.