A new exciting role as IT Trainer is now open within the London office of a highly US law firm. The IT Trainer will report to the Senior Manager, Service Desk & Training Ops based in the US and will play a crucial role in providing end-user induction training and ongoing user training of the firm's internal management systems to lawyers and other staff in all European & Asian offices. The IT Trainer will utilise several delivery systems to ensure the all-fee earners and professional staff receive specialist support from one-to-one training, conference style demonstrations, online or telephone sessions.
Key responsibilities for the IT Trainer will include:
- Provide training on all firm-supported software via instructor-led classroom training (post COVID-19 restrictions), webinars, videoconferencing, one-on-one coaching, and via eLearning course and video tip creation.
- Conduct new hire technical training.
- Collaborate with other IT trainers to create and maintain a workflow-inspired curriculum.
- Conduct training needs analysis, analyse performance problems, and recommend training solutions.
- Collaborate with end users to understand unique requirements based on role, business unit, and office location, and offer training solutions that are adaptable to those needs.
- Stay up to date with current trends in training, technology, and instructional design.
- Maintain training records in the learning management system.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within the legal/ professional services environment and extensive previous training experience. Experience with Learning Management Systems (UniversitySite preferred), Document Management Systems (DeskSite/FileSite preferred), Windows10, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, Time Entry & Billing Programs (Intapp Time and Aderant Expert. Furthermore, the successful candidate requires a strong and adaptable attitude, the ability to provide excellent service delivery and be responsive to client needs. Strong written and verbal communication skills will be crucial when speaking with partners, associates and all other levels of staff members.
If you like the sound of this opportunity and have at least three years' experience please apply through Ryder Reid Legal today, without delay!