A new exciting role as an IT Trainer is now open within the London office of one of our international law firm clients. The purpose of this role is to design and deliver an IT training service to users of the firm's IT systems in the London office. This role would also liaise with the US offices and international offices to ensure cohesive training firm wide.
Key responsibilities for the IT Trainer will include:
- Deliver IT induction training to new starters, as well as up-skilling training to existing employees and IT users via classroom, one-to-one, webinar, workshops and e-learning methods
- Plan and organise ongoing training events based on training needs analysis
- Create, design and maintain training materials for the successful delivery of IT training programmes including subject-based training demos and workshops and Create 'How To" training videos and FAQ's, as required
- Develop training material, documentation, quick tips and/or best practice guides liaising with the other offices to ensure a seamless approach and utilise existing templates and materials
- Research and test Firm approved software for desktop and/or mobile devices, as required
- Attend weekly and/or monthly training department meetings, and others as needed
- Participate in IT projects that have a training requirement and assist in deployments with timely training programs and/or materials
- Provide ad-hoc training support to users
- Learn, test and monitor new system updates and changes
- Assist in identifying future learning needs within the business
- Effectively maintain training records and material
- Keep abreast of new training solutions
- Able to learn new systems or improvements to current software as required
- Support the wider IT team as required
The successful candidate must have strong technical knowledge, a proven proficiency in designing and facilitating programs in classrooms and virtual environments; and proficient in the application of instructional design, curriculum design and adult-learning principles. A strong technical knowledge of multiple software applications used in a legal environment is required, including latest version of MS Office Suite, iManage FileSite/DeskSite, Chrome River, Net Docs or similar large document management system, and BigHand, HyperStyles or similar document production tools. This role requires excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentational skills, in addition to strong project management skills. The ideal candidate will have strong relevant skills in an education and training environment, preferably in a legal or professional services organisation.
If you have the relevant experience and this super opportunity to join the Technology / IT team of an international law firm is of interest, please apply today!