A highly prestigious US law firm, with offices located in the heart of the City have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Coordinator to join their expanding finance team in London. The Accounts Co-ordinator will be responsible for managing the accounting and banking functions of the European offices.
The role will involve but not be limited to:
- Ensuring timely and accurate posting of cash receipts to office and client accounts in accordance with the required standards, processing of all Client Account transactions and replying to queries in a timely and effective manner
- Supervising petty cash, expense disbursements and vendor payments in accordance with Firm procedures and policies, and the highest quality standards
- Ensuring day to day processing and reconciliation of both office and client funds is accurate, in line with business needs and in accordance with appropriate VAT, SAR and AML regulations
- Oversee cash forecasting and banking, including cash remittances and cash forecasts to the global finance team
- Ensure monthly closing processes are maintained, including reconciliation of all accounts on a timely basis as well as monitoring residual client balances
- Work closely with the global finance team to compile annual budgets, projections and provide monthly reporting variances
- Ensure compliance with Money Laundering Regulations and manages liaising with the auditors and the office's Compliance partner as needed
- Work with the Director of Billing to determine VAT rates on invoices, VAT recoverability on expenses and maintains VAT accounts where necessary
- Ensure tax payments and filing requirements are met
Applicants for this Legal Accounts Coordinator role must have previous legal accounts experience and strong working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules. Thorough working knowledge of VAT reporting/ECSL submissions is essential and experience using the systems Elite 3e/Enterprise or Aderant is highly desirable. If you feel you meet the above requirements and have an accounting qualification, relevant degree or post graduate training, please contact Ryder Reid Legal for further information.