Legal Cashier opportunity in London.
One of the world's most prestigious global law firms now have an excellent opportunity for a Legal Cashier to join their expanding and friendly team on a permanent basis.
The successful Legal Cashier will predominantly be responsible for providing a comprehensive Client and Office Cashier service to the London office. This will be a busy and varied role, duties will include:
- Undertaking a daily manual bank reconciliation for both the Office and Client Accounts to ensure all transactions have been dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitoring of the all the bank accounts to check for new transactions
- Client Account Receipts - Allocating client receipts as they arrive to matters and ensuring the funds have been received
- Arranging all client payments as required, liaising with Partners/ Associates to ensure sufficient evidence of the transaction
- Managing Client Completions - reviewing funds flow, ensuring sufficient supporting documentation. Ensure payments are within bank limits, if higher, requesting temporary increase in limits to Finance Manager
- Calculating interest on an ad-hoc and also quarterly basis. Crediting this to client ledgers in accordance with the firm's interest policy as required
- Monitoring office money in client account on a weekly basis by running a report to list any funds in client account that also have an outstanding bill and reviewing to ensure no funds are earmarked
- Preparing a monthly Client Balance Report
- Working with Finance Manager to manage the Solicitors Accounts Rules Audit and liaising with auditors as required
- Filing of bank statements and ensuring all hard copy statements are received on a monthly basis
- Assisting other members of the team where required during high volume periods and holiday cover
- Assisting Finance Manager with Projects where required
The successful Legal Cashier should ideally have some previous legal cashiering experience within an international law firm environment or professional services environment. Experience using Aderant/ CMs software is highly desired; experience using other systems such as Elite Enterprise/ 3e will also be considered. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised self-starter with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, excellent attention to detail and the willingness to learn. This is a truly excellent opportunity with a fantastic firm who value their staff and provide a great working environment. For more information please apply to Ryder Reid Legal ASAP.