Our leading London law firm client is looking to recruit a Legal Cashier on a permanent basis. The Legal Cashier will be responsible for client and office account transactions, Accounts Payable, Professional Disbursements and Expenses, whilst performing a variety of duties to support the overall accounting function primarily in relation to legal cashiering and bookkeeping duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring all invoices are coded and authorised in line with the Firms' expenses policy and procedures and any unauthorised expenditure is identified and dealt with accordingly. Sending cash received notifications to partners.
- Making Client to Office "CTOs" transfers and associated Aderant postings in accordance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Setting up unpaid disbursements on the internet banking for payment approval and processing paid and unpaid disbursements on Aderant.
- Completing client and office bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring supplier invoices are approved in accordance with firm policies and consistent with VAT regulations.
- Setting up expense claims and vendor payments on the internet banking platforms for payment approval.
- Ensure invoices and employee expenses are accurately entered onto the accounting system on a daily basis with the correct coding and narrative relevant to that expenditure.
- Ensure all supplier statements are fully reconciled against the purchase ledger on a monthly basis. Any reconciling items should be followed up with appropriate party immediately.
- Deal with queries from suppliers including replying to chasing letters and telephone calls.
- Posting of all daily office bank transactions to include bi-monthly payment runs, direct debits and cheques.
- Reconciliation of the London office credit cards from the monthly statement. Ensuring all expenditure is coded and authorised on Aderant.
- Daily monitoring of the firm's client and office bank accounts, including timely reconciliation of all bank accounts, monitoring receipts, entering payments, identifying and effecting transfers, managing remittance advice and liaising with the firm's bankers as necessary.
- Oversee the purchase ledger function; opening new suppliers in the system and ensuring invoices are accurately entered onto the accounting system on a daily basis with the correct coding and narrative relevant to that expenditure.
- Processing and/or reviewing of office receipts and payments to ensure SAR compliance, including banking of receipts.
- Processing and/or reviewing of client receipts and payments to ensure SAR compliance.
- Preparation of bi-monthly supplier payment run, ensuring all invoices are paid in accordance with the supplier's payment terms, handling supplier queries
- Run interest calculations on any funds held on completion or payments made, in line with the Firm's interest policy and SAR regulations.
- Upkeep of the London office accounts filing to include regular archiving of redundant files.
- Preparation on a monthly basis of the personal account bills to include approval and posting in time for payroll processing.
- Handling Partner and Legal Assistant queries.
- Day to day support to the Finance Director and Finance manager.
The successful candidate will have previous law firm experience, strong communication skills, with excellent IT skills. Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules, VAT and experience using Aderant Expert(or a similar system such as Elite) is essential.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please do apply.