Our leading international law firm client has a new and exciting opportunity for someone to join their friendly, supportive, and close-knit team.
As a Legal Development Assistant, you will support the HR team with day-to-day tasks for lawyer and trainee development, training, and regulatory focused administration, including the being the primary contact for CPD database entries and compliance maintenance.
The successful applicant should be keen to learn and to take proactive ownership of tasks as they will work with multiple stakeholders to support local and firm-wide projects. Handbooks are provided to learn jurisdictional needs for CPD, and the successful applicant will be given on-going mentoring and development opportunities within a supportive and collaborative team.
Essential Job Functions
- Continuing Professional Development ("CPD")
- Primary contact to maintain lawyers' CPD database records for multiple international jurisdictions including ownership of maintaining the CPD online database. Proactively researches CPD requirements and maintains up to date, usable internal reference guides.
- Assists HR & Manager, Legal Training & Development with annual bar renewals.
- Works with the Legal Development team/Office of General Counsel/HR as required to support compliance training and adherence.
- Monitors the LO CPD email inbox to action local and international CPD and bar enquiries.
- Works with Director and Manager, Legal Training & Development to facilitate internal training sessions (in-person, over zoom, and hybrid sessions); taking responsibility for logistics such as room and zoom bookings, attendance records, collating materials and gathering feedback etc. Escalates feedback as appropriate.
- Supports Manager, Legal Training & Development with external training course logistics such as fee payments and feedback requests.
- Collates training options from numerous online sources in an accessible and useful way.
- Takes responsibility for departmental lawyer onboarding tasks including maintaining up to date materials and working with new lawyers to the firm to ensure CPD and bar requirements are up to date and compliant, tracks ambassador & "buddy" pairings, and maintaining and colating relevant materials.
- Lawyer and trainee development
- Scheduling support for reviews and evaluation meetings. Liaises with secretaries in a respectful way to ensure that meetings are at an appropriate time for everyone involved. Takes ownership to respond quickly and appropriately to changes at short notice.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ("DEI")
- Provides administrative support on London DEI initiatives for the London resource groups including but not limited to scheduling, events and newsletter content.
- Graduate Recruitment
- Enthusiastic engagement to assist with occasional market research, events, and data management.
- Other ad hoc administration tasks for the International Legal Recruiting & Development team including assisting with social media, projects and/or events and assistance with London and firm-wide projects including data collection and management, as required.
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of law firm experience with basic knowledge of CPD desirable.
- Undergraduate degree, CIPD educated, or holds an equivalent period of professional experience (including an apprenticeship within a law firm or alternative legal services provider).