Are you an experienced Legal PA based in Geneva looking for a new role?
Ryder Reid Legal has a fantastic opportunity available for a Legal PA to join the Geneva office of one of our prestigious US law firm clients. The successful Legal PA will be responsible for providing support to Fee Earners, in particular a Senior Tax Partner. The Legal PA will act as a liaison between the partner, clients and various external providers.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent communication skills establishing ongoing positive business relationships on a global basis with clients and colleagues, in person and by phone and/or email basis; maintaining confidentiality of the lawyer-client relationship.
- Strong organisational skills to manage and maintain lawyers' schedules and calendars.
- Maintain lawyers' contacts in Outlook and InterAction.
- Answer and screen calls, field inquiries, relay messages, respond promptly to client needs, and respond to email and voicemail as soon as possible.
- Coordinate domestic and foreign travel including preparing travel itineraries.
- Track, organize and process reimbursements, invoices via Chrome River.
- Scheduling and organising onsite and offsite meetings, assist with arranging attendance and participation at conferences, speaking engagements, client proposals, pitches, and events. Work closely with other Firm personnel to coordinate room/event location reservations, food and beverage services, and event materials.
- Create, format, edit, proofread, and manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Draft routine correspondence, forms and emails, etc.
- Enter and close time for lawyers adhering to weekly and monthly deadlines. Coordinate correction of time entry errors, when needed.
- Run conflict checks, assist lawyers with opening new client matters, and draft engagement letters and other required documents; provide guidance to attorneys so completed forms are submitted properly.
- Perform routine filing, photocopying, scanning, compiling, and distributing of documents; identify and coordinate available services provided by administrative departments such as office services, the IT service desk, the US resource centre, finance and billing, and records.
- Assisting drafting, preparing, amending and finalising client billings. To be compliant with Firm AML policies and procedures.
- Keeping updated with the firm's IT applications by regular attendance at workshops.
- Attending Firm and secretarial meetings.
- Assist with general overflow of secretarial work and occasional reception cover, when availability permits. Keeping your handover folder up to date.
- Perform other related administrative tasks as required and assigned.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Legal PA, ideally with experience in supporting Tax / Corporate lawyers in a law firm setting. You must have great typing/advanced IT and organisations skills and the ability to use your own initiative. If you are interested in this fantastic Legal PA opportunity, please contact Ryder Reid today.