Ryder Reid is working with a highly acclaimed global law firm to source a Legal Project Management & Pricing Analyst for their London office.
The firm is seeking a full-time Legal Project Management & Pricing Analyst (LPMP Analyst) in London to support their legal project management and pricing teams in working with their finance team, clients, and attorneys in the efficient pricing and management of legal matters. The LPMP Analyst will be expected to interact professionally with partners and administrative teams. This role will be reporting in to the Associate Directors of Legal Project Management and Pricing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review legal technology options and further develop budget tool training and use, including the development of client dashboards, while ensuring data governance and security.
- Provide support to matter teams in responding to a client's request for proposal (RFP) - including scoping and estimating a matter, drafting example LPM documents and creating a transparent communications and project plan catered to a client's needs.
- Actively manage matters to project plans, including status reports, work-stream and deadline tracking and budget to actuals tracking.
- Provide recommendations/early warning signals for changes in scope, time and cost.
- Actively collect/store feedback from matter teams/clients with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Act as an on-demand consultant to matter teams for AFA recommendations and financial analyses.
- Assist with maintenance of client Outside Counsel Guidelines (OCGs), create OCG summaries and update database / billing system with OCG rules.
- Work with billing/e-billing to troubleshoot pricing related billing issues.
- Manage e-billing rate submissions and client rate administration.
- Ensure pricing/finance databases are up to date & comply with clients' rate arrangements & guidelines.
- Review newly opened matters to ensure compliance with clients' rate arrangements and guidelines.
- Assist with financial modeling, forecasting & analysis related to clients & matters in support of pricing proposals.
- Actively manage and organize LPM team knowledge site including reports, best practices and templates.
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this Legal Project Management & Pricing Analyst opportunity, you will ideally have legal financial planning/ project management experience and be degree educated. The firm need someone who is keen to bring their analytic and organisational skills to a busy office. You will ideally have knowledge of SQL, Power BI, and Aderant. This position will be a true opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across the globe and act as a trusted advisor to the business.