Our client, a successful and expanding US law firm, is looking for a Legal Recruiting & Professional Development Director to join their London office. The Legal Recruiting & Professional Development Director will lead the strategy and implementation of recruiting and professional development programs for the firm's EMEA offices. This is wide-ranging role, with key responsibilities including:
- Work with the hiring partners to develop a cohesive strategy for the EMEA offices and develop a strategy to reflect both the marketplace and practice mix.
- In cooperation with marketing, practice and office leadership, and hiring partners, create persuasive messaging and appropriate collateral material about the offices.
- Build deep working relationships with the leadership of the relevant universities and search firms.
- Develop the strategy and implementation for the recruiting efforts using data driven analysis to guide the projection of offers and acceptances to meet the needs of the office.
- Work with the Managing Partners for Legal Personnel and the Chief Legal Personnel Officer, to develop initiatives, projects and systems to further associate, retention and promotion.
- Support the Managing Partners for Legal Personnel by providing data and recommendations for managing associate career development and work flow.
- Oversee the implementation of the evaluation processes for associates and counsel.
- Provide coaching and guidance to associates.
- Work with the Managing Partners for Legal Personnel, and the Associate Advisory Committee to address the career and general professional development needs of associates.
- Provide guidance to attorneys regarding their integration into the firm and ongoing career development.
- Work with the Chief Legal Personnel Officer to develop training programs and materials for associate career planning, and for senior lawyer coaching and mentoring of associates.
- Collaborate with Firm committees, Recruiting and Legal Personnel to update and enhance new associate orientation, lateral attorney integration, mentoring, and other talent development-related programs.
- Implement metrics, reporting systems, and tools to assess ongoing attorney needs and to evaluate effectiveness of career development programs and initiatives.
- Monitor current trends and best practices in professional development to ensure the firm's efforts are cutting edge.
The ideal candidate for the Legal Recruiting & Professional Development Director position will have extensive experience of directing and managing law firm or professional services recruitment programs and broad-based career development experience. A Bachelor's degree required, with an advanced degree in a relevant field being highly desirable. Fluency in German or French would be of benefit. You must have strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, along with a proven ability to provide leadership and work in a team environment with staff and lawyers at all levels. Some travel to the region may be required.