Our well-known international commercial law firm client has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Recruitment Executive to join their London headquartered office on a permanent basis. This purpose of this role is to work within the People & Talent Development Team helping to provide a proactive resourcing service to its internal clients. The individual will work closely with the Recruitment Manager for Commercial, assisting with lateral recruitment. This will typically include all levels of Associate recruitment as well as Paralegal recruitment.
Key duties will include:
- Work with the hiring Partners to source the best talent for their teams through a combination of liaising with the firm's preferred supplier list of agencies and direct sourcing.
- Manage an efficient and effective end-to-end recruitment process for lateral hires, from candidate searches to onboarding
- Work with the Recruitment Manager and People Advisory team to define lateral hire priorities and execute the recruitment plan
- Prepare job descriptions with the hiring managers and the People Team, and agree the attraction and selection process in line with the Inclusion and Diversity strategy
- Work closely with hiring managers to recruit the best talent for their teams: shortlisting CVs, interviewing candidates and influencing hiring decisions.
- Build relationships with our preferred supplier agencies as well as undertaking direct sourcing
- Ensure the effective use of firm's website, social media, job boards and other specific media to source diverse candidates
- Understand the firm's recruitment brand and ensure all recruitment literature/websites/online material is aligned with the firm's employer brand
- Create opportunities to promote roles internally and maximise benefit of the firm's employee referral scheme
- Manage the use of and promotion of CVMail (or such applicant tracking system in existence at a given time)
- Help manage the recruitment processes in line with GDPR requirements
- Work with the People Manager to provide salary research and insight, understanding the
- London and Bristol legal markets and advising the firm on market data
Knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of legal recruitment, either in an agency or in-house environment
- At least two years' experience of working in a law firm; with a clear understanding of the legal recruitment market
- Experience of building relationships with internal clients at all levels within a business
- Ability to manage, consult and influence stakeholders
- Knowledge and appreciation of the law affecting recruitment and selection (including knowledge of inclusion and diversity landscape)
- Ability to develop strong relationships within the business at all levels, using technical expertise
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong personal judgement, able to remain independent and adopt a common-sense approach
- Proactive and self-motivated yet collaborative in approach
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Committed, determined and robust
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of legal recruitment, either in an agency or in-house environment. You must be a great relationship builder with highly effective communication skills and a proactive and self-motivated attitude.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.