Our client, a successful international law firm, is seeking a Legal Recruitment & Professional Development Manager to join their London office. The Legal Recruitment & Professional Development Manager will work collaboratively to further the Firm's strategic objective of hiring, training, developing and retaining highly accomplished and dedicated professionals.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the London Office's legal recruiting efforts for lateral partners, associates and paralegals, including managing relationships with recruitment agencies, working closely with partners and senior individuals to assess staffing needs
- Managing the associate on-boarding process, including coordinating the orientation program as well as ensuring immigration, background and conflict check and internal onboarding compliance.
- Monitoring associate and paralegal productivity and availability to ensure an appropriate allocation of work assignments.
- Developing strong working relationships with partners, associates and paralegals to identify and address employee relations issues; escalating as appropriate.
- Working closely with the Legal Directors to manage the associate and paralegal evaluation processes.
- Developing and implementing associate development and training initiatives and ensuring compliance with Professional Development Plans.
- Working with Professional Development team in New York to develop and implement strategies and tools that drive efficiency, productivity and client service including facilitating knowledge capture and transfer.
- Overseeing the Mentor Program in the London Office.
- Supporting the Firm's Diversity initiatives, events, and lawyer affinity groups.
- Counselling associates on career development goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate for the Legal Recruitment & Professional Development Manager position will have previous recruitment experience within a law firm, and have in-depth knowledge of the UK legal market. You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and project management skills, a commitment to diversity and excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Attention to detail is essential. You must be flexible, results oriented, self-motivated, organised, and able to effectively prioritise competing demands on time. You will be able to work independently but also excel in a collaborative environment. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid today for immediate consideration.