My client is a dynamic, collaborative, and commercial law firm with a global presence based in central London in lovely offices and surroundings are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to work in their Media Team.
The successful candidate will provide high-quality and efficient Legal Secretarial support to six fee earners within the Media team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diary management of fee-earners as required, using own initiative to arrange meetings and
- conference calls
- Checking of fee-earner e-mails as required in their absence, responding where able
- Booking video/conference calls, meeting rooms and required refreshments, and making lunch
- and dinner reservations.
- Making simple travel arrangements as required e.g. booking train tickets and collating
- Handling telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages
- and following up on any agreed actions.
- Only those which are not mandated for production/collation by DPD or of a length that are typed by individual fee-earners.
- Managing the workflow to DPD, Reprographics etc. as required; proactively taking steps to
ensure work is returned within required timescales
- Amending and formatting agreements/documents as required
- Carrying out PDF to Word conversions and vice versa
- Collating all indexing on legal documentation and setting up files as necessary
- Production of short, less complex PowerPoint presentations as required
- Proof-reading of all documents to ensure the delivery of work of the highest quality
- Any general correspondence as may be required from time to time
- Support of other functions/activities:
- Insertion of business contact cards into Outlook and InterAction
- Processing fee-earner expenses on Chrome River in a timely manner
- Liaison with Business Development, Marketing, Events and Finance Teams
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Previous experience of working within a busy corporate environment is essential
- Excellent client care skills - the ability to deal with queries from internal and external clients in professional and polite manner.
- Excellent organisational skills - the ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritise
- work in a calm and efficient manner
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability in meeting internal and external clients' demands - in both
- the nature of the work undertaken and working additional hours as required to complete the
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and a 'can-do' approach
- High levels of IT literacy in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint (although more complex and/or lengthy documents are likely to be undertaken by others in dedicated roles)
- Highly developed administrative skills with the ability to multi-task under pressure.