We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join the Technology & IP Transaction department of one of our world-leading law firm clients on a permanent basis.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Following the Firm's established document processing methods and procedures, creates, spell checks, edits and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Organising and prioritising telephone calls, mail, documents and projects.
- Reading and dealing with incoming mail. Ensuring that outgoing mail is timely delivered.
- Scheduling and organising activities such as meetings, conferences, travel and departmental activities.
- Establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline reminder systems.
- Maintaining filing and records management systems.
- Opening new files, maintains all client and general files.
- Utilising the Firm's computer systems and software applications.
- Preparing legal documents and providing administrative support for partners and attorneys to whom assigned.
- Exercising discretion and judgement, prioritising effectively and often handling requests from multiple functional areas and external parties.
- Working closely with administrative support staff.
- Ensuring that attorney time sheets are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Performing overload typing, filing, photocopying, as requested by other attorneys.
If you have a minimum of 2 years experience in a Legal Secretary position, have excellent English language and grammar skills and have the ability to transcribe legal documents etc at a level of 70 WPM, then please do apply!