Our client, a prestigious global Law firm, are looking for a Legal Staffing and Utilisation Co-ordinator to join their growing office in London on a permanent basis. The Legal Staffing and Utilisation Co-ordinator will work closely with the Finance Director, Operations and HR Directors, and Practice Heads, as well as alongside Partners, Counsel and Associates to coordinate and monitor work streams on potential and active cases to help build business across the firm. The role will also provide assistance with work allocation across legal staff.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Report principally to the two Practice Heads - in assisting them to manage the practice.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to the Practice Heads for resource allocations and utilisations and ensuring those recommendations are consistent with information barriers.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with partners, counsel, associates, legal interns, and professional staff to foster trust and confidence.
- Identify with and understand the needs of lawyers across the practice and working with Practice Heads to resolve fee earner needs/issues and ensure they have the available resources.
- Responsible for the analysis and communication of fee earner capacity surveys (or similar).
- Responsibility for the tracking, identifying of and challenging any discrepancies in these forecasted activities as against recorded time.
- Facilitate the Practice Heads to manage resource, report to stakeholders in the business and pursue business development initiatives.
- Assist with resource allocations and workload management for fee earners.
- Provide an up-to-date holistic view of activity and capacity across the relevant teams.
- Help align fee earners' interests, objectives, and career development to new matters, wherever possible, whilst ensuring client needs are met.
- Analysis of and monitoring monthly billed and unbilled time to assist with work allocation and future planning.
- Monitor counsel, associate and legal intern hours and follow up on the firm's missing time reports with individuals.
- Responsible for highlighting any missing time to the Practice Heads and Finance Director for preparation of monthly reporting to the Management Committee.
- Responsible for analysing overall fee earner time performance to the Practice Heads, HR, and Finance Director for preparation of monthly reporting to the Management Committee.
- Manage conflicts and disputes related to resource allocation.
- Assist in analysis and provision of regular management information and data to the Practice Heads to enable informed decision-making including recommendations on resourcing with the guidance of the Finance Director.
- Share knowledge and contribute to performance and talent mapping discussions with HR.
- Liaise with Practice Heads and HR on recruitment requirements for associates and legal interns including the review of CVs and interviewing.
- With the guidance of the Training Principal and Operations and HR Directors, liaise on legal intern matters including onboarding, allocation of supervisors, performance feedback, contract renewals and recommendations.
- With support from the HR department, assist with intern coordination including work allocation planning, managing secondments and trainee seats, monitoring headcount, ensuring best practices, assisting with managing the SQE/QWE scheme as well as general training and chairing monthly meetings under the guidance of the Training Principal.
The successful candidate would ideally be degree educated with previous experience in a similar role gained in a professional services or law firm environment. You must have meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational, time management, and prioritisation skills. The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment is essential, along with maturity, discretion and experience dealing with highly confidential information, and excellent communication and analytical skills.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please send your CV for immediate consideration. We would love to hear from you!