A highly regarded international law firm, currently has a fantastic new opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the London finance team. Reporting in to and working closely with the Finance Director, the Management Accountant will be responsible for coordinating the management reporting and transactional functions in London.
Key duties include:
Management Accounting -
- Support the Finance Director with the annual budget process; review and suggest correction to GL postings, to ensure accurate actual against budget variance monitoring.
- Carry out data interrogation to assist in preparation of management information and reports, as directed, for both routine and adhoc distribution.
- Support the Finance Director to develop and maintain suite of management reports for the London office.
- Assist with the preparation of the VAT, EC sales list, Intrastat and ONS submission, as required.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations; preparation of payroll, prepayments, accruals and control A/cs monthly journals and reconciliation.
- Responsible for the monthly office bank account and credit card control account reconciliation
- Preparation of the data for the annual PSA and P11D reporting
- Support the Finance Director to implement and deliver any accounting and/or reporting platforms changes.
Accounts Payable & Expenses: Creditors -
- Administration and validation of all the London office expense claims and payments via the Chrome River expense platform
- Oversee and assist with the input of all office invoices and disbursements fee notes onto Enterprise.
- Organising all approved office invoices and disbursements into a regular and routine payment cycle
- Run and advise on the recovered disbursements report to ensure no SAR breaches occur; due to the liability not being discharged per the Solicitors Account Rules
Case Costs Funding -
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of payment requests for case costs funded by the firm
- Responsible for overseeing all Third-Party Funding Notice [case costs] payments are accurately set up for payment.
- Assistance to the legal teams by providing accurate information for case funding budget purposes.
Client Accounting -
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering requirements
- Provide cover for the allocation of monies received against invoices, notifying Partners/Fee Earners, and recording to the appropriate client matter ledgers.
- Provide cover for the client bank accounts transfer monies between the client and office ledger as appropriate
The successful Management Accountant should have a good understanding of all legal finance operations including Billing, A/P, Credit Control and Client Accounts. An accounting qualification is required and experience working within an international law firm would be ideal although professional services backgrounds will be considered. Knowledge of the systems Elite Enterprise, Aderant or similar legal accounting system is preferred. The successful Management Accountant will be professional, motivated, intelligent, diplomatic, flexible and task oriented.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a dynamic team with a leading firm, please contact Ryder Reid Legal for further details.