This is a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing & BD Manager who can multi-task, has excellent communication skills, good judgement, and attention to detail.
As a Marketing & BD Manager, you will join the M&BD team in the London office of an elite international law firm.
This role acts as the primary point of contact for the London Financial Restructuring Group (FRG), Transport & Space Group (TSG), and Alternative Investment Practice (AIP) teams, consisting of over 50 partners and associates. Additional marketing and business development support may be needed for other practice groups and projects at times as requested.
This would be an ideal role for a confident senior exec, someone looking for their first manager level position or who only has a small amount of management experience under their belt.
Some essential functions:
- Support the partner teams with the devising, drafting, and implementing of each group's marketing plan. Manage and refine plans as needed, taking ownership to ensure that actions are progressed.
- Proactively supporting the global business development teams and adding value to team members in other offices and at all levels of experience.
- End-to-end support of RFP, pitches, and proposals process - producing high-quality client pitch documents and seeing them through to submission with partners and other fee-earners.
- Draft and coordinate the distribution of high-quality marketing materials and brochures, client presentations, client alerts, press releases, and other external communications.
- Working with the firm's PR team on the announcement of partner promotions, deal closures and other significant achievements. Ensure PR and social media channels are fully leveraged to support campaigns, marketing activities, thought leadership, conference sponsorship and notable client work.
- Writing and managing each group's annual directory/award submissions (Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR) and industry specific awards. Ensuring optimal quality to enhance and maintain each practice group ranking.
- Proactively identify opportunities to maximise return on investment and incremental revenues with existing clients through client development and cross-selling programmes and with potential new clients through new business development programmes.
- Promote best practice for internal management processes and platforms to encourage good behaviours and support BD activities.
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, presentations, and proposals.
- Collaborate with other members of the global marketing and business development team to ensure the success of business development programmes, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Ad hoc project work, as required.
- Educated at degree level with minimum of 5 years' relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- A highly motivated self-starter, committed to excellence in client service delivery
- Strong project management and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to juggle and prioritise projects and respond quickly to requests which have a short turnaround time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptionally strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including strong editing and proofing ability and attention to detail).
- Well-developed influencing and presentation skills, resilient and focused.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with working with CRM systems such as InterAction, website CMS, and email marketing platforms such as Concep Campaigner a plus.
- Flexibility to evolve with the position as required - including availability outside of normal working hours.
This opportunity must not be missed by anyone who is ambitious and wants to expand their knowledge, grow their career in a leadership role and gain experience working with some of the best people in the business.
There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't delay and get in touch with us today!