Our client, one of the world's leading law firms, is seeking a Marketing Communications/PR Specialist within their London BD department. In this role, you will contribute to a broad range of marketing communications initiatives and execute activities across their European offices, building relationships of trust with partners and colleagues in all offices. The core areas of focus will be award submissions, directories, internal and external PR (including social media and website content), seminars and conferences and maintaining / developing organisational tools and databases.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Awards & Recognition: oversee and proactively execute all elements of the award submission process from drafting to approval and submission, to maintaining infrastructure and internal reporting. Manage our external agency on all facets of engagement with legal directories (Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR etc.), from announcement of deadlines to client referee highlighting and follow up. Build relationships and proactively liaise with our global Awards & Recognition team to ensure we are sharing best practice and a consistent global approach.
- Media Relations: execute select external and internal elements of the PR process for European offices. Occasional media liaison required.
- Conferences and seminars: work with partners on all elements including marketing collateral, awareness and monitoring of ROI.
- Social media: contribute to the Firm's social media efforts in close coordination with the global social media team and serve as social media point across Europe.
- Build and foster relationships with lawyers and business development colleagues.
- Contribute to other European BD projects.
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated and have solid experience in marketing communications and/or marketing roles, preferably in a professional services environment. PR agency experience a plus. You will have outstanding writing, editing and grammar skills and the intellectual curiosity and the ability to distil complex topics into concise, easy-to-read language. You will be a strong verbal communicator and critical thinker. You will possess excellent organisational and project management skills, outstanding editing and proofing skills, the ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-paced environment, a strong attention to detail and a professional and polished demeanour.