Our client, a successful US law firm with a presence in Europe and Asia, is looking to recruit a Media & Communications Manager to cover a six week paternity leave period. The firm are looking for someone from 25th February until 5th April. The Media & Communications Manager will be comfortable working at a senior level and be able to run with projects with limited supervision. Key responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day press office responsibilities for Europe/Asia, including drafting and issuing press releases, pitching and securing by-line article opportunities, preparing spokespeople for media interviews, and handling administrative responsibilities such as logging press coverage, etc
- Day-to-day responsibility for Europe/Asia focused content for the firm's social media streams.
- Acting as a senior counsel to marketing team members during the legal directories process. This will likely involve advice on drafting submissions, communicating directory results, how best to work with editorial staff at the main directories, etc.
- Acting as the key point of contact for various relationships with third parties such as trade bodies, publishing houses, etc. This will likely include liaising with third parties on the key ways to make the most of these partnerships, such as conference sponsorships, editorial opportunities, speaking opportunities, member engagement, etc.
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating relevant firm marketing materials (fact sheets, brochures, etc), and drafting new materials where needed.
- Playing an active role in various of the firm's publications (client updates, etc). This will include advising on topics for these publications, where/how they appear on our website, and how they are distributed.
- Working with the team's Events Executive on planning and executing various firm events. This will involve advising partners on event topics, formats, invitees, etc., as well as helping to shepherd events through to delivery.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience of working as part of an in-house law firm team in a media/communications role. You must have strong Media Relations experience and first class writing skills. You will be able to quickly build strong relationships across the firm and hit the ground running. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.