This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced business development, marketing or client development professional to join the BD, Marketing & Communications Team within a prestigious global law firm based in Liverpool City Centre.
Are you able to:
▪ Drive the development and execution of crosspractice and cross-border strategic pitches and panel reviews, including developing credential statements, fee proposals and presentations.
▪ Advise and support on all aspects of the pitch process from the initial go/no go decision to lessons learned and post-pitch feedback.
▪ Work with Finance, Risk and BD to improve approach to pricing, conflicts and opportunity management. Ensure all pitches/panel submissions have appropriate pricing methodologies applied. Encourage the use of pricing tools.
▪ Support the implementation of a rigorous pitch feedback process, both internally and externally, to review and improve performance, increase win rate, drive up quality, share learning and focus on best practice.
▪ Support activity to on-board new clients (post pitch), working alongside BD colleagues to implement an action plan to build these relationships in those first few critical months.
▪ Review and update existing marketing/BD material to ensure a quick response to opportunities that is consistent and efficient.
▪ Further develop a library of high-quality sales support materials and ensure that sales support materials are on brand and compelling.
▪ Further develop pitch infrastructure including tools, templates and processes and systems to support pitch activity.
▪ Support ad hoc projects, typically focused on improving efficiency, such as developing standard templates or creating best practice content for the intranet.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have a marketing/BD/client relationship management background ideally within law/professional services, or another service industry, with a track record that evidences strong client focus.
They will demonstrate professional maturity and the ability to inspire confidence and build relationships with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders. It is also essential that the successful candidate relishes working in a busy and demanding environment and has a collaborative mindset. Beyond this, we will be looking for evidence of:
▪ Top-quality writing and editorial skills; excellent command of English grammar and punctuation.
▪ Attention to detail.
▪ Drive, initiative and proactivity.
▪ Organisational skills; the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
▪ Enthusiasm, flexibility, and creativity