Fantastic opportunity for an Office Facilities Manager to join the London office of a modern and forward-thinking global law firm on a permanent basis. The Office Facilities Manager has overall responsibility for the smooth running of the UK office functions and is on hand to assist with International Offices as required. The Office Facilities Manager is critical to this requirement by ensuring that the offices are maintained in excellent condition and that the office team are on hand to greet clients (by phone or in person) in a courteous manner. The role also needs to ensure that all office supplies are maintained and that all travel arrangements for those travelling on business are managed appropriately.
- Liaising with COO on all office matters around style and brand image
- Working with COO to plan future development of office space in line with strategic business objectives
- Carry our negotiations for contracts and manage all relationships relating to all office facilities and utilities
- Maintain library of all firm-related contracts including office leases, insurance policies etc
- Space management - including organising furniture in the office, seating arrangements for new starters, and movers, managing desk space, and working with IT on set ups as well as managing storage solutions
- Updating seating plans accordingly
- Ensuring physical security of office and managing access such that it is compliant with the firm's security management policy and any individual building requirements: This includes ordering and programming access control passes and generating emergency door codes
- Maintain the quality of the offices and overseeing any repairs, renovation, maintenance and servicing by contractors including HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- Ensure the firm is adhering to all Health & Safety obligations across all offices and oversee any relevant audits and workplace inspections
- Managing office inductions for all new recruits
- Responsible for ensuring efficient services in reception, security, mail, archiving, cleaning, post and catering
- Communicating changes to office policy and procedures, answering queries in relation to those changes, and implementing (as required)
- Reacting to urgent out-of-hours requests as appropriate (intruder alarm, break-ins, water leaks etc.)
- Managing of office projects such as refurbishments
- Maintain good relationships with landlords and their agents
- Ensure confidential waste is handled and destroyed appropriately
- Ensuring Patent Office trips, to hand-deliver documents, are carried out when necessary
- Ensuring adequate cover in place so that all necessary office and travel duties are covered
- Managing procedures for booking couriers and approving related costs
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Reviewing stock-check inventories regularly
- Overseeing stationery ordering and stock inventories
- Comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Provide support for client and internal events held in our offices
- Arranging for food and drinks to be ordered and presented appropriately
- Arranging out-of-hours assistance where necessary
- Ensuring appropriate clearing away/cleaning is carried out following events
- Arranging staff entertaining activities including the Annual Review and Christmas parties
- Ensure in-person assistance is on hand for in-house Oral Proceedings Hearings when required
- Ensuring travel arrangements firm-wide are managed appropriately by the Travel Team, ensuring policies and procedures are followed, and any changes to the Travel Arrangements Guide are instigated and communicated effectively.
The ideal candidate for the Office Facilities Manager will have previous facilities / office management experience from a Law firm or professional services environment. You will be ambitious and career-focused and have excellent leadership and management skills. You must have first class customer service skills and the ability to work under pressure, along with a proactive commercial approach and a can-do attitude.
If you fit the above description, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.