Exciting new opportunity for an Office Manager to join the London office of a US law firm in a newly-created role. The Office Manager will work with the executive team to manage firm operations and execute firm initiatives at local level. The Office Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative support and all business functions related to office services, information technology, human resources, accounting, and facilities management. Key responsibilities for the Office Manager will include, but will not be limited to:
- In conjunction with the International Director of Administration and HR, responsible for the management of the secretarial staff and office services.
- Working with the practice groups to understand their secretarial resourcing needs and working with HR to successfully hire and onboard new secretarial staff
- Performance management, staff professional development, employee mentoring and coaching for the secretarial and office services staff.
- Working with and responsibility for the Reception services function, ensuring that service levels are at expected level
- Working with the Office Services team to ensure the mail and print room services are working efficiently and meeting the requirements of the business - printing services, courier and mail services, and records management
- Working with the International Director of Administration to oversee the London office facilities, including:
- Liaising with building management on day to day issues.
- Managing office and work station assignments and arranging internal office moves where necessary - liaising with key stakeholders to get proposed plans approved.
- Working with the reception, IT and office services team to manage the provision of visitor offices.
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies, and the purchasing, leasing, repairing and maintenance of furniture, equipment and fixtures.
- Responsibility for office health and safety (to include work station assessments, fire wardens and first aiders), business continuity and emergency programs.
- Vendor management - working with the vendors to ensure quality of service and supporting the International Director of Administration in the selection of new vendors as appropriate.
- Responsibility for internal communications - updates regarding building issues and contributing to the newsletter (office news).
- Working with the International Director of Administration and the Finance Department to support the budgeting process and monitoring budgets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating with all administrative departments (IT, Marketing & BD, HR and Finance) in the firm to assist with the implementation of firm-wide policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Working with the Social Committee (or other committees as appropriate to plan and co-ordinate office social events to include the Staff Appreciation Events and Summer/Holiday parties.
The ideal candidate for the Office Manager role will have strong law firm experience and proven experience of managing a secretarial team. You must be able to juggle multiple tasks, be proactive, and have excellent judgement and business acumen. You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.